MTJ - Mass Transit Journal

This was once a daily account of my journey into the world of public transportation. Now, it's just a sports blog.

Comments: Post a Comment
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
pm commute:
Don't even ask about my evening commute. I don't want to talk about it. I waited almost an hour for a bus from downtown. I left work at about 5:50. Took the Max train downtown to the transit center, got there at about 6:05. There's supposed to be a bus that gets there at 6:09 and another one at 6:35. No bus came. I waited. No bus came. Finally, at a few minutes before 7:00 it finally came. COME ON! I waited almost an hour for a bus during what I consider "commute" time. An HOUR! I was livid. It's a transit center, for god's sake! I shouldn't have to wait an hour for a bus to anywhere! I'm irritated. But so were the 20 or so other people at my stop. Which doesn't count the 20 already on the bus, or the other 30 we had to pick up after I got on. It was way too crowded. There almost wasn't enough room for all of the people to stand! Of course, since there were so many people onboard, it stopped at every stinking stop on the line, and we had to wait for whoever was getting off to extract themselves from whatever part of the sardine can they were in. I didn't get home until almost 7:45 - 2 HOURS AFTER I WAS OFF WORK! No, don't ask me about my evening commute. I don't want to talk about it, remember?